Happy Earth Day Friends!!! Admittedly, I’m not nearly as environmentally conscious as I should be, but I am making an effort to start doing so. I haven’t seen a lot of Earth, but the parts I have seen are magnificent! To celebrate our wonderful world, I’m bringing you more than 20 simple ways to be more environmentally conscious!
- Buy previously used clothes
2. Reduce the amount of products that contain palm oil
3. Shop locally
4. Garden— Bonus if you skip the hose and use a gardening can to water your plant babies.
6. Use reusable water bottles
7. Meatless Monday or any day of the week
8. Rethink that load of laundry, wore it once and it doesn’t smell? Don’t wash it. While it may sound a bit unsanitary, you’ll be saving tons of water. While you’re at it, switch your laundry water temperature from hot to warm and clean out your lint trap.
9. Unplug Electronics at night
10. Double check the faucet
11. Take a look at your exfoliating scrub. Some contain microbeads that are harmful to both you and the environment. Before you buy, check to see if the ingredients contain words like “Polypropylene” and “Polyethylene.“ Look for another product, if it does.
12. Buy produce that’s in season
13. Use both sides of the paper
14. Recycle your electronics. You can even get paid! Apple has a great recycling program and you can earn store credit for recycling certain electronics through them.
15. Walk or bike whenever possible
16. Don’t preheat your oven
17. Stick to one glass a day, by which I mean choose one cup/glass and use it for the entire day, don’t use a new glass for every meal.
18. Skip candles every so often
19. Buy items in bulk
20. Donate old shoes
21. Shop eco-friendly companies
There it is, 20+ ways to help save the Earth!!! They’re so simple, once you start, you won’t even notice a difference. Keep in mind, just because you don’t see a difference doesn’t mean that your not making one! Everything helps, especially the little things. Hopefully you try these out! Happy Earth Day!